Thursday, July 21, 2016

Artificial Intelligence, Robots and Privacy Oh My!

At the beginning of the class we were told by the end of class we should learn more about the virtual world but also should be scared endlessly because of the virtual world.  One of the things that I have already discussed about is the lack of privacy on the virtual world. This is a concern I have everyday that scares the living crap out of me yet I still utilize it every minute of my life. Almost everything is computerized in this day and age from our computers, our phones, out cars and even our doors at home. Not to mention now robots are replacing a lot of our jobs which is taking out human jobs. One thing that worries me about that is that people will start thinking human made things are actually humans. In my opinion I do not think robots are human because they are man made. Even though they are capable of doing many things humans can do and in the future I believe they will have the brain capabilities of humans, I still do not believe they are human simply because they are man made. Furthermore what is scary about artificial intelligence is men being able to change the world. One of the things I heard about the other day is technology that allows people to choose what they want their babies to look  like. Whether you want brown eyes, blue eyes, silky hair, kinky hair or anything you can artificially make the features you want on your children. This is to me is very disturbing. I'm all for the evolution of technology but when it comes to modifying the human features to that extreme, I am extremely scared for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment