Thursday, July 21, 2016

Dot.Com to Dot.Bomb

When I saw the tittle of this blog I laughed to myself just a little bit. The reason for that is because there is a reality star who refers to things as .com or .org at the end of her sentences. The Dot.Com Dot.Bomb was one of the most interesting subject that we studied in class in my opinion. Being a 90s baby born in West Africa I had no utilized a computer until 2004 when my family moved to the United States.  Because I was not familiar with computers and the evolution of it, it was fun for me to learn about how the most popular companies came about and how the market of technology evolved from then to now. One of the most fascinating thing I learned was how the computer world is the fact that it took off quickly with people making so much money to the same companies going down and people losing money. One of the things or lessons I learned from the situation is the smartest and strongest companies came out alive and the weak went instinct like dinosaurs. I my opinion a lot of the companies had great ideas but because they were not delivering the demands of the customers they did not make it. Some of the companies that made it that we are all familiar with and utilize are Amazon, Ebay, Microsoft and Yahoo which I'm shocked about because I don't remember the last time I used Yahoo. To say the least I am thankful that the following companies made because I don't know what I would do without Amazon as a future employee and current company. 

No comments:

Post a Comment