Monday, July 18, 2016

Virtual Scavenger Hunt Post

The virtual scavenger hunt was the activity that I have had the most fun in class with. Although the scavenger hunt was fun it was eye-opening as well. Being able to find Mr. Fry's information within minutes was scary because I knew anyone can find me the way I found him with little information such as my name. This was scary because is someone wants to do harm to be and they are committed  to find me it is most likely they will. In a world where this is prevalent I am extremely scared because there is so much information about me out there that even if I stay completely away from the online now they will still be enough information about me to last for a lifetime. One example I can give was a documentary I watched the other about mugshot websites. There are websites out there that post people's mugshots on their sides and in order for them to take them down the person must pay them. This was extremely scary yet frustrating to watch because it shows that there are bad people our there who will take your information use it to their advantage to ruin someone's life. Because of the power of the virtual world and the lack of privacy that it provides, I am very careful about what I post on my social media because I know it can affect my life one day. This is something I have control of what is scary is that someone can take that positive thing and turn it into a negative. That I have no control over which scares the living crap out of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment